Goals – Maakhir University will:
- Provide affordable, high quality undergraduate education appropriate for the Maakhir region and Somalia.
- Provide services and resources to promote student learning, retention, and academic success.
- Enhance the quality of health care, agricultural output and educational institutions in the region.
- Promote economic development through research, collaboration, and technological innovations.
- Educate a citizenry capable of living and working effectively in global settings.
- Support and strengthen the faculty, staff, student, and administrative governance structures in order to promote shared governance of the institution.
- Further the intellectual, artistic, and cultural life of the community and region; and
- Adhere to a Creed and Statement of Ethics that agrees with Somali religious and cultural standards the norms of international higher education institutions.